Check out the premiere of Threnodies at the TD Halifax Jazz Festival July 12-14 at 8pm, at the Neptune Studio Theatre, and on July 17th at 8pm, at the Osprey Arts Centre in Shelburne, Nova Scotia.





Monday 26 March 2012

Saturday




Sat. March 24 - Geordie and I work to meet half-way. We only understand about 60% of what each other is talking about. I talk themes, movement ideas. He talks scales, melodies, time signatures. (I wish I had stuck with those piano lessons as a kid). Together ideas are hashed out, we find points of departure and points of convergence. At the heart is perpetual motion.

From now until mid-July Geordie and I are working together to create Threnodies, a live music and dance performance based on a series of songs that Geordie is in the process of writing. I'm creating dance pieces relating to the first three songs in the series, while Geordie works to write the rest. This blog is a meeting place - a space for Geordie and I to continue this dialogue with each other, with the work, with our collaborators and with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment