Check out the premiere of Threnodies at the TD Halifax Jazz Festival July 12-14 at 8pm, at the Neptune Studio Theatre, and on July 17th at 8pm, at the Osprey Arts Centre in Shelburne, Nova Scotia.





Thursday 29 March 2012

Day Off





Today is a day off from studio work. It's nice to take a breather and have some time to process the material we've created so far. Up to this point I haven't been working directly with Geordie's music. Having listened to it a lot leading up to these rehearsals it's in my subconscious and in my body but I haven’t been directly choreographing to the music. One of my favourite things to do is videotape movement phrases and watch them with a bunch of different kinds of music to see how they meet up by chance and notice what combinations peak my interest. I like this movement phrase, danced here by Rhonda, combined with the opening of one of Geordie's tunes. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I can see invisible hands pull at different parts of her body. Love when the impulses come from there. Works really well with the music too. Nice Susie :) xx

    ReplyDelete